Ways to buy
First time buyers
Step by step guide
- Decide what purchase options are available to you
- Open Market?
- Open Market with assistance of Help to buy?
- Shared Ownership?
- Once this is decided, appoint a Financial Advisor and get a Mortgage in Principle
- Come to a Signature Development and choose your perfect home
- Reserve your Property
- A mortgage surveyor will then value the property & issue a mortgage offer
- Solicitor will carry out searches and conveyancing
- Next step is to instruct a Solicitor to act on your behalf and give contact details to Sales Advisor
- Instruct Financial Advisor to proceed with Mortgage Application
- Exchange of Contracts, Payment of deposit to Solicitors
- NHBC 10-year warranty certificate issued, Solicitors given 2 weeks’ notice by Signature New Homes to complete purchase
- Completion date agreed
- Collect Your Keys & Move in!!
Getting a mortgage
How do I get a mortgage?
You will need to contact a financial advisor to talk through your borrowing needs and mortgage options. Your Signature sales advisor can pass on the details of a financial advisor that we work with regularly and trust if that helps.
Next, you will need to supply your financial advisor with documents to support your mortgage application with your chosen lender. The type of documents this will include proof of income, address and identity, such as wage slips, utility bills and a photo ID.
Your financial advisor will then notify us when the valuer will inspect the home, and the signature team will make necessary arrangements to ensure they can gain access.
Lastly, a mortgage offer (the official agreement from your chosen lender for the requested loan amount) will be issued approximately two weeks after this has been issued.